October 27, 2008

Jennie, Caiseal and Rowan's visit

Jennie, Caiseal and Rowan, along with their dogs Bela and Kalo, came down from Santa Fe for a 3 day visit. They brought me lots of real food like kale and goat cheese, as well as spare clothes for when I am in town. What a sweet and easy time we had! The nights were quite chilly up in the mountains, with frost and 15-20 degree temperatures. But camping next to the hotsprings made it easy to warm-up in the morning... We had many conversations about community, as we all aspire to live closer to the land. The pod has now returned to Santa Fe and I am preparing for another 6-7 day excursion into some of the most remote parts of the Gila. Silver City is still charming me with her slow pace and people warmth. I have been offered a place to stay and a bike to get around. I have gone to milk goats at the cooperative, taken a salsa class and attended several community potlucks. I like this place. It's being good to me.
Slideshow

No comments: