October 28, 2008

Silver City Blues

After the high of the weekend, I woke up feeling depressed. As much as the conversations about community with my friends Jennie and Caiseal were great, I also felt that we were on slightly different wave length. I aspire to a life in or near a small town, where I can walk and bike at ease, where the pace is slow and people real. Silver City is giving me a taste of that. Sante Fe where they live is way too speedy and ritsy for me. Here, whether I go to the Cafe, the food Coop, the bike shop or the library, everyone is open and warm, and has time to have a conversation. Each day I spend here touches me in a special way and I am paying great attention. My community is so spread out-Seattle, Hawaii, Colorado, France. I feel torn as I soon will need to put my bag down and begin a new life, a new livelihood or creative endeavor. I cried with Erika over lunch, trying to express the tenderness that I feel in my being. Tomorrow I am taking off again. A 5-7 day hike was recommended to me by Jay who co-owns the Hike and Bike shop. I am all tanked up with food and feel ready to go reflect in the wild about what's next for me. Silver City shots

No comments: